- RSS Channel Showcase 3741157
- RSS Channel Showcase 6341307
- RSS Channel Showcase 6302796
- RSS Channel Showcase 5674469
Articles on this Page
- 06/02/15--05:59: _WisCon 39, part 1: ...
- 06/06/15--06:12: _WisCon 39, part 2: ...
- 07/07/15--17:36: _Behind and forward
- 07/24/15--15:30: _WisCon 39, part 3: ...
- 02/17/17--06:59: _The ideal gaming co...
- 01/26/18--06:26: _Goodbye, Ursula
- 05/08/18--15:29: _A thought for Wiscon
- 06/02/15--05:59: WisCon 39, part 1: Let’s Build a World
- 06/06/15--06:12: WisCon 39, part 2: The Dooms that Came to Chaegrae
- 07/07/15--17:36: Behind and forward
- 07/24/15--15:30: WisCon 39, part 3: Are casual gamers “real” gamers?
- 02/17/17--06:59: The ideal gaming con III: Membership
- 01/26/18--06:26: Goodbye, Ursula
- 05/08/18--15:29: A thought for Wiscon
As you may have seen from my previous iterations of this activity/panel/audience participation exercise/thing, I have a lot of fun with it and have been pushing for more local cons to run it. I tried to get it on the … Continue reading
I ran this at Con of the North, and since I had good luck with rerunning a game at last WisCon, I decided to do so again at WisCon 39. I was a little worried about whether or not anyone … Continue reading
Convergence 2015 is over. Was some two days ago, actually. But the combination of being 13 hours away from CST, then coming right back into Convergence, is still messing with me. I’m starting to get back into the flow of … Continue reading
How do you structure a discussion about gaming? What kinds of gaming count as gaming? How do you assume your audience relates to gaming — as creators, players or something else? Do you assume your audience is all gamers? Do … Continue reading
What is the role of attendees at a con? And how much should they pay for the privilege? Emphasis on membership The role of attendees at cons has has been an ongoing, but somewhat subtle, conflict within fandom. When you … Continue reading
Ursula K. Le Guin recently passed away. Lots of people have mentioned how she touched their lives with her prose fiction, her advice, her politics, and many other things. Like so many others, I’m saddened at her death, but glad … Continue reading
A thought that I keep thinking in the run-up to Wiscon: I can’t decide if it should be “Grant minorities in RPG-maker circles the confidence of mediocre white men“, or “Grant mediocre white men the confidence of minorities in RPG-maker … Continue reading